Sunday, June 02, 2013

Review: God Stalk


God Stalk
God Stalk by P.C. Hodgell

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I had just finished reading The Last Jedi by [a:Michael Reaves|12537|Michael Reaves|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1272842062p2/12537.jpg] and while I had enjoyed it as much as the previous books in that Star Wars sub-series, it was a kind of slog.

Then I read this [recommended by my friend Robert]. Whoo! This was a fast paced, action packed thrill a minute.

I tore through this like a starving man tears through a loaf of bread. There is something for almost every sub-type of fantasy fan. Galactic theology, world theology, romance, hatreds, family issues, master/student interaction, larger than life characters, thievery, drama, politics, intrigue, and the list goes on.

I highly recommend this to anyone who likes their fantasy to be multi-book but not epic. Fun, fast and furious. Just what you need sometimes!

Basic story is about a young woman, with limited memory, coming from the wastelands and living in a city. Is taken in by an innkeeper and helps out around the place. She is apprenticed to a legendary master thief and has to decide how she wants to live.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment