Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Crucible (Star Wars)


Crucible: Star Wars - Troy Denning Author: Troy Denning

3 of 5 Stars

If this isn't the end of Luke, Leia and Han as major characters, then I'll eat my hat.

I actually enjoyed the story and found it "slightly" above the average recent Star Wars novels. It was really weird seeing Luke and Leia go all "Anakin II". It was a good thing that Denning wasn't allowed to kill any of them.

I will say, I don't see much of a future in the Star Wars universe between this book and where the comic books start up with Ben's grandkid [or whoever Caid is]. Jaina, Jag and the other characters just aren't interesting enough, imo, to have their own storylines.

And that means that we'll probably get more of those awful Old Republic novels based on the video games. I've Kenobi on tap, but after that, I'm not really sure I want to keep on reading in the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment