Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Review: Distant Friends and Others


Distant Friends and Others
Distant Friends and Others by Timothy Zahn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Thank goodness for Goodreads. Before I read this, I would have sworn that:
A) I had read this back in the late 90's
B) I owned this in paperback, somewhere

After reading it, I realized that I had NOT read this particular collection before and that I did NOT in fact, own this book. Both problems are now remedied. [at least, the book is now on my wishlist over at Amazon.]

A collection of short stories. The first couple are about telepaths and it is slow going. I enjoyed reading them, but wasn't "wowed". I thought I remembered the story about the Star captains that sees multiples of themselves and solves a problem with that, but this one was not it. He does solve a problem, just not what I thought.
Then we had the human playing games with aliens. I enjoyed that story the most. Sounded like an engineer, like my boss, to be exact. Forget that you've JUST BEEN CAPTURED BY REAL LIVE ALIENS!!!!!!, lets figure out how to play a made up game that will be fair for both sides.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment