Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review: Forging the Darksword


Forging the Darksword
Forging the Darksword by Margaret Weis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I certainly enjoyed this more than Weis's [b:The Lost King|317383|The Lost King (Star of the Guardians, #1)|Margaret Weis|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1333286274s/317383.jpg|29051]. I think she can do fantasy very well.
It was a little confusing as the story kept jumping from one character to another at the beginning, but it then settled down on one of the "priests".
The world is based on magic but there are people who are born without magic, and they are ritually killed after their birth to protect the gene pool. Barbaric.
There is a prophecy about a "dead" king who will completely change the world.

Overall, an enjoyable read but nothing spectacular. Good enough that I'll be reading the next book however.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment