Monday, May 26, 2014

Maul: Lockdown (Star Wars)

Lockdown: Star Wars (Maul) - Joe Schreiber This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com by express permission of this reviewer

Synopsis:
Maul is sent undercover to a prison to ferret out the identity of an Arm's Dealer and to buy a proscribed weapon from him to further one of Palpatine's devious schemes.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this book more than I did the previous 2 by Schreiber. Mainly because it wasn't lame-o horror but a typical action/thriller.

Think Cage Match on a self-contained prison satellite. And Maul gets to do most of the fighting. The whole reason he is there is razor thin plotwise, but let us be honest with ourselves, I don't read Star Wars for it's Dickens' like plots, characters and settings.

I can see people enjoying or not enjoying this book, depending on their mood at time of reading. If I'd been grumpy, I'd probably have torn this book apart for the shallow piece of tripe that it is; but I wasn't grumpy, so I enjoyed the rollercoaster action and the all most non-stop fighting.

I also went into this with ZERO expectations. After the news about the gutting of the Extended Universe a little bit ago, my fandomometer went right down to empty. So since I enjoyed the action, I ended up enjoying the whole book.

Also, I really liked the fact that Schreiber makes a no holds barred confession that he's a Christian in his intro/ending/thanks/whatever. That encourages me.

Rating: 3 of 5 Stars
Author: Joe Schreiber

No comments:

Post a Comment