Saturday, October 25, 2014

Tarkin (Star Wars) (ARC)


Tarkin: Star Wars - James Luceno I received this copy from the publisher through Netgalley.com and that in no way has influenced my opinion in regards to this review.


This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.tumblr.com by express permission of this reviewer.





Title: Tarkin
Series: Star Wars
Author: James Luceno
Rating: 2.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: SFF
Pages: 289


Synopsis:
This book is the dual story about past and present of Tarkin. The past is about his beginning of life and rise to power and the forces that shaped him while the present story is a little adventure about the beginnings of the Rebellion and the Deathstar.
Which I believe completely throws the book Deathstar under the bus continuity-wise, but eh, what else is new in the Star Wars universe these days?

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed Kenobi but not this. It was bland, not that interesting and I found myself constantly checking my Kindle to see how much more I had before I would be at the end.
Which, to be honest, is how a lot of Star Wars book are but it used to be that I could ignore that and pick out whatever good I could because I really enjoyed the Extended Universe. But with Disney's eradication of the EU my fandom turned to distaste and hence my thoughts are no longer so charitable.

I've been reading a lot of Forgotten Realms recently and the Star Wars books reminds me of those but not as fun. I guess I was looking for this book to redeem the actions that Disney took and it failed beyond belief in that regards and as a story was just a typical Star Wars book.

With that being said, I think I'm pretty much done with the Star Wars book universe. Doesn't mean I won't read the occasional one, especially once the sequel movies come out, but I certainly won't be waiting for each book to come out so that I can devour it.

A big fat 'meh'.

No comments:

Post a Comment