Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Cyador's Heirs (Saga of Recluce #17)


Cyador's Heirs - L.E. Modesitt Jr. This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.tumblr.com by express permission of this reviewer


Title: Cyador's Heirs
Series: The Saga of Recluce
Author: L.E. Modesitt Jr.
Rating: 3 of 5 Stars
Genre: SFF
Pages: 629


Synopsis:
Cyador is gone and its survivors are in Hamor, trying to carve out a kingdom amongst hostile dukes of surrounding kingdoms.
The younger son is sent off to be trained and ends up fighting a war in defense of a new ally.

My Thoughts:
The fact that I am still reading this series should say something. However, I am not sure what, as I do nothing but complain about each book as I read them.

Modesitt has a certain voice when writing the Recluce books and it is one that can stupify, grate and generally annoy. Even while telling a rather fantastic story. And that is what keeps me coming back. The stories.

The stories are formulaic to the extreme,  nothing is original and you'll be sick and tired of people eating by the time the novel is done. But you'll read it to the end and read 17 books worth and read the next book when it comes out.

What can I say? I still enjoy these but it is with the knowledge of the flaws, deliberate I believe sometimes, of these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment