Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hellhole (Hellhole #1) DNF @41%


Hellhole - Brian Herbert,Kevin J. Anderson This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.tumblr.com by express permission of this reviewer.

Title: Hellhole
Series: Hellhole
Author: Kevin Anderson, Brian Herbert
Rating: 2 of 5 Stars
Genre: SFF
Pages: DNF


My Thoughts:
Started out ok, a typical SF Epic'y type story.
But as I read on, it became obvious as the sun that this was nothing more than a copy and klug'ing of Anderson's Saga of the Seven Suns series and Herbert's Dune prequels.

I am in the middle of the Seven Suns series right now and not enjoying it, as it is drawn out and boring. This had some life [thanks to Herbert] but the blatant rewriting of their same old ideas didn't do it for me.
If I had read this trilogy before starting the Seven Suns, I might have let the Dune'esque copycatness stuff go and enjoyed this. But once again, Anderson screws me over. Ballz to that.

So I just stopped. Not worth the aggravation AND repetitiveness...

No comments:

Post a Comment