Monday, July 20, 2015

Operation Odessa (Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin #8) (Manga)

Review:

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin, Vol. 8: Operation Odessa - Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, Yoshiyuki Tomino

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.

Title: Operation Odessa

Series: Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin

Author & Artist: Yoshikazu Yasuhiko

Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

Genre: Manga

Pages: 470

 

 

Synopsis:

After several books of back story, we are catapulted back into the present. The Federation is making a big push to put Zeon off the earth and back into Space.

The White Base personnel are growing up, coming into their own as a military force.

Amuro continues to grow as a pilot but not much as a man. He's still a pretty whiny teen.

And Char's obsession with him grows even greater.

 

My Thoughts:

I wasn't real keen on returning to the "present". I found the characters much more likable, interesting and generally all around more engaging in the "past".

 

However, the story must proceed. Amuro and Char have a really good battle where Amuro starts to come into his own as a warrior. Char's obsession with New Types seems to be affecting his decision making abilities and I can see it bringing about his destruction.

 

On a side note, I've been wondering how many volumes this is going to be. I still don't know. I see that Vol.'s 11 and 12 are going to be coming out this fall. I think 12 is the last one and I hope so.  Who can afford 12 books at $30 a pop? I am slowly collecting these but I have to wait for sales where they go down to 20 or less for a day, then save up my amazon points and snatch one up here and there.

 

Well, with that being said, these are worth every penny and I'm really glad I saw these at our local library. If I had to wait to read these until I bought them, ha.

Original post: Bookstooge.booklikes.com/post/1205344/operation-odessa-mobile-suit-gundam-the-origin-8-manga

No comments:

Post a Comment