Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Reenlistment (America's Galactic Foreign Legion #2)


Reenlistment - Walter Knight This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.
Title: Reenlistment
Series: America's Galactic Foreign Legion
Author: Walter Knight
NEW Rating: of 5 Battle Axes
OLD Rating: of 5 Battle Axes
Genre: SFF
Pages: 147
Format: Kindle





UPDATE 1.26.16Penumbra Publishing stripped my review of its licensing info [the first paragraph above permitting only me to post this review] and then put the whole review on their own site. I was not asked nor did I give my permission for my review to appear on their site. This violates my rights as  the copyright holder of this review.
So Walter Knight gets a 1 Star and no more sales, or reviews, from me. I won't support a thief or a thieving publisher.




Synopsis:
Gold! Gosh darned GOLD! A goldrush occurs and the spiders start up the war again.
Joey and the Legion are playing a 3 sided game and the silliness continues.

My Thoughts:
I didn't find this as funny as the first book. Part of that is what is funny the first time isn't as funny the second time around. It was still amusing and entertaining, but I wasn't laughing like I was in the first book.

I found the Human/Spider only interaction to be limiting as well. I was hoping for more mayhem between everyone, ie, the beetles, the ants, the spiders and the humans. But I guess the random spiders taking of humans was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment