Monday, June 27, 2016

The Devil's Novice (Brother Cadfael #8)


The Devil's Novice - Ellis Peters This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.
Title: The Devil's Novice
Series: Brother Cadfael
Author: Ellis Peters
Rating: 3 of 5 Stars
Genre: Mystery
Pages: 273
Format: Kindle digital edition








Synopsis:

A young man desires to join the monastery, with an incredible fervor.
At the same time, an emissary of the King is found dead, under mysterious circumstances.
Thankfully, Cadfael is on the case!

My Thoughts:

I vaguely recalled this from when I was watching the tv series. So I "knew" that things weren't all that they seemed and the path was twisty. I just couldn't remember when things turned left or right.

I enjoyed this more than the previous books. Most of that I suspect is BECAUSE I didn't know what was going on. I've found that most murder mysteries aren't good as re-reads. Not that I've read a lot of murder mysteries.

I am thankful that I picture Derek Jacobi as Brother Cadfael. The tv series definitely got that part down right.

No comments:

Post a Comment