Sunday, September 01, 2013

Review: To Ride a Rathorn


To Ride a Rathorn
To Ride a Rathorn by P.C. Hodgell

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I really thought about giving this 4stars, but Hodgell's use of character's killed that for me.

I really don't care for having a character barely introduced, so little that I dismiss them as a side character of no note, only to have them come back in 3 chapters playing a pivotal point. It makes me go "huh?" and gives me verbal whiplash.

Other than that, this was right along the lines of other books. Thankfully, we do get more Jame and less Tori and so the story seems to advance a little more. Lots of little laugh out loud moments that seem to pepper this series and make it worth while.

One thing I am finding hard to stomach is the idea of the intermarrying of bloodlines, on a MUCH closer relationship than what happens in the real world. I have to admit, it gives me the heebie jeebies...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment