Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sentenced to Prism (HumanX Commonwealth)


Sentenced to Prism (Humanx Commonwealth) - Alan Dean Foster This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com by express permission of this reviewer

Title: Sentenced to Prism
Series: HumanX Commonwealth
Author: Alan Dean Foster
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Genre: SFF

Synopsis:
Evan  Orgil, Fixer for a large Corporate Entity, is sent to a newly discovered world to see why their Exploration Team has suddenly stopped communicating. Everything is under the down low, as the world should be explored by the Commonwealth Authority before being exploited.
Orgil has lived his entire life in various powered suits and for his trip to Prism, he gets a prototype super suit to keep him safe. Of course, you all know what that means.

My Thoughts:
When I read this back in 2000 and in 2006, I gave it 5 Stars both times. It was a lot of fun, it was standalone and I found the world of Prism to be pretty unique.

This time around, I still found all those elements applicable. However, in the last couple of years I've read a tiny  bit about biology and you know what I've discovered, our bodies are truly fearfully and wonderfully made. So Foster's asides about how inefficient and simple our biology is and how the sentients on Prism just replaced things with silicon and made them better rang completely false. That is why I knocked a star off, because I know better now.

With all that being said, this was still just a great fun ride! I would consider this a classic SFF read. To bad this isn't more widely known.

No comments:

Post a Comment