Saturday, June 28, 2014

Palace of Kings (Loremasters of Elundium #2) DNF


Palace of Kings - Mike Jefferies This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com by express permission of this reviewer.

Title: Palace of Kings
Series: Loremasters of Elundium
Author: Mike Jefferies
Rating: 3 of 5 Stars
Genre: Fantasy

Synopsis:
Thane has risen to lead the alliance to destroy Krullshards. Only, he chooses the life of his grandfather Thoron over the death of Krullshards and that opens up a whole new can of worms.
Kyot, Thane's friend and archer, must find the Maker of the glass arrows of Clatterford. For only these arrows, with light imbedded in them, can truly harm Krullshards.

My Thoughts:
I DNF'd this, not because it was badly written, or horrible or the author was a troll or even a democrat, but because I realized I had outgrown it.
I have such fond memories of adventuring with Thane, rescuing Elionbel, finding Clatterford with Kyot and just being a Heroic Knight in a Grand Adventure that I decided to not finish this book. If I were to finish this my memories would be destroyed with my current thoughts about the book and I don't want that.

I would highly recommend this to young and older teens who love epic fantasy, like Tolkien but didn't necessarily like the slow pace of Tolkien.

Now I am just sad. I guess that is part of growing up and getting older. But I don't have to like it, nor do I have to mar the past. I'll remember these books very fondly for the future and just not re-read them is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment