Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Lighter Side (Short Story Collection)


The Lighter Side - Eric Flint,Keith Laumer This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com by express permission of this reviewer

 Title: The Lighter Side
 Series: N/A
 Author: Keith Laumer
 Rating: 2.5 of 5 Stars
 Genre: SFF
 Pages: 433


Synopsis:
A series of novellas and short stories that are slightly humorous and still as pessimistic in outlook as Laumer can be.
Amusing is probably a better word than humorous.

My Thoughts:
I really, really like Galactic Odyssey and The Compleat Bolo by Laumer and I keep trying to his other stuff. And I keep disliking it.

He's pessimistic, but not just in a funny way, but in a hopeless way that leaves me feeling very depressed. I think I won't be trying any more by him. I'll stick to the 2 books I know I like and re-read them every several years.

Thankfully this was free from the Baen Library so at least it wasn't money I wasted, just my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment