Monday, February 16, 2015

Crest of the Stars (Seikai Trilogy #1) (Manga Monday)


Crest of the Stars - Hiroyuki Morioka,Aya Yoshinaga This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com by express permission of this reviewer

Title: Crest of the Stars
Series: Seikai Trilogy
Author & Artist: Hiroyuki Morioka, Aya Yoshinaga, Toshihiro Ono
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Genre: Manga
Pages: 260



Synopsis:
Jinto's father, former Governer, surrenders to the Abh and becomes royalty. Jinto is schooled in the life of the Abh and then sent on to their capital for further schooling. He is taken under wing by young Lafiel, who is in direct line to ascend to the Throne of the Abh.
War breaks out between the Abh and the rest of humanity and this causes Jinto and Lafiel to have several adventures.

My Thoughts:
Having read this back in '07, I wanted to finish the trilogy, as I was never able to get my hands on the next 2 books.
One thing that is slightly confusing is that there is a trilogy of Light novels also called the Seikai trilogy. And it is the same characters.

Not having watched the anime recently, like I had previously, I was able to judge this better on its own instead of propping it up with the anime [which I just love and think is the best thing ever]. It actually stands up really well. The plot is abbreviated and the subtleties are really gone, but I already noted that in my previous review. In some ways, the shortness benefits the manga. If it was too much longer, it couldn't have really fit into one volume. And that is the thing, this is simply ONE story, about Jinto making it to the Capital and making friends with Lafiel.

It is a good backup to the anime and I am glad I own these.

No comments:

Post a Comment