Monday, February 29, 2016

Calvin and Hobbes (Calvin and Hobbes #1)


Calvin and Hobbes - Bill Watterson, G.B. Trudeau This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.



  






Title: Calvin and Hobbes
Series: Calvin and Hobbes
Author/Artist: Bill Watterson
Rating: 5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Comics
Pages: 128
Format: Digital scan



Synopsis:
We are introduced to Calvin, a 6 year old and how he captured his best friend, Hobbes, a stuffed tiger.
A weekly comic strip from the late 80's and 90's, Calvin and Hobbes is about youth, pure and simple.

My Thoughts:
Since I had no money when these started coming out, being but a stripling myself, I would request these for my birthday and once a year I would revel in the adventures of Calvin and his best friend, Hobbes.

Having embarked upon a reread, I found these just as delightful, just as fun and just as wonderful as I remembered. Which goes to show that Bill Watterson was not only a good comic artist, but a genius when it comes to seeing life through the eyes of a young boy.

I have to say, a mere 128 pages sure seems a lot less than it did back then though...

No comments:

Post a Comment