Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)

The Autumn Republic - Brian  McClellan This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes. blogspot.wordpress.com by  Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.
Title: The Autumn Republic
Series: Powder Mage
Author: Brian McClellan
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Genre: SFF
Pages: 619
Format: Kindle digital edition








Synopsis:  Spoilers

Tamat is back. Taniel is being chased by Adrom forces, his own forces. Adamat is acting as a go between for forces beyond his imagination.
The gods are at war and they are being killed,one by one. That god/god slayer is convinced that HE will rule the world as a paradise. Can what is left of the Powder Mages fight a god, an invading army and win an election. Not without blood, sweat and black powder.


My Thoughts:

This ends the series on a bloody, dirty, gritty note, just like how it started. It is a relatively satisfactory ending and as much of a happy ending as you can expect from a Flintlock Fantasy.

Even after 3 books, I was still confused with various names of people, nations, etc. It all just blended in together and I went a long for the ride. I'm sure I missed out on some details and what not, but honestly, I just didn't care.

I know that isn't exactly a ringing endorsement but while I liked the overall plot and ideas, I just couldn't get past the grim grittiness of it all. If you like that kind of thing then you'll love it here.
`

No comments:

Post a Comment