Monday, November 09, 2020

[Manga Monday] Yotsuba&! Vol. 3 ★★★★★

 


This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress, Blogspot, Librarything & Bookhype by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission
Title: Yotsuba&! Vol. 3
Series: Yotsuba&! #3
Author: Kiyohiko Azuma
Rating: 5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Manga
Pages: 176
Words: 8K



Synopsis:


Chapter List:

Yotsuba & Gifts

Yotsuba & Asagi

Yotsuba & Flowers

Yotsuba & Obon

Yotsuba & the Elephant

Yotsuba & the Fireworks Display?

Yotsuba & the Fireworks Display!





My Thoughts:


Another completely fantastic entry. I think part of why I enjoy this so much is because Azuma is writing this to amuse his readers and not really bothering with an overarching plot. I can simply put up my mental feet and just be amused with no thought process needed. While I don't want with every book I read, a couple of times a month is just perfect.


I find it so amusing that Jumbo is using Yotsuba to try to interact with one of the neighbor girls that he's interested in. And every time it goes wrong and yet he won't do it himself. It is also extremely understated and doesn't try to take over. THAT would ruin this.


Azuma simply does a great job of showing every day things, like elephants, through the eyes of a child who has never seen them before. And there is no filter. Man, I love that, it's hilarious. I think this picture encapsulates this most thoroughly.





★★★★★





No comments:

Post a Comment