Friday, June 17, 2022

No Fail ★★★☆☆

 


This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress, Blogspot & Librarything by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission
Title: No Fail
Series: Galaxy's Edge: Dark Operator #3
Author: Doc Spears
Rating: 3 of 5 Stars
Genre: Mil-SF
Pages: 281
Words: 100.5K





Synopsis:


From the Publisher


Failure is a Hateful Word


For Dark Ops Sergeant Kel Turner, it’s unthinkable. Until now. Kill teams are accustomed to achieving the impossible, and Kill Team Three has done the impossible more than any other. Tasked with mission after mission, against a never-ending list of enemies, Kel and Three brace themselves to rise to the occasion yet again.


Kel lived under no doubts about his kill team’s ability to win against any odds, until an enemy thought long defeated reappears. From a dingy city locked in the center of a cold war to a nightmarish alien landscape, the one constant that defines their latest missions is that a kill team is always alone.


Living in the black world of covert operations, there are secrets, then there are secrets. The first might lead to his death. The second might lead to failure.


For this Dark Operator, in a galaxy filled with potentials, death is preferable to failure.





My Thoughts:


Decent Mil-SF but that's about it.


★★★☆☆




5 comments:

  1. I haven't read a lot of military SF, for some reason. Which is odd, considering you'd think I'd like that genre. Course my SF reading seems to be down in general lately, for whatever reason.

    No worries on the comments- I saw your comment over at my blog. Thanks for letting me know! I've been having the same problem, I found a ton of spam comments that weren't spam when I finally looked at my dashboard...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something is definitely up, cause I approved ALL of your comments and this one still went into the spam folder. Hopefully by replying to you I'll kickstart blogger into acknowledging you as real commentor :-/

      I'm not a huge fan of mil-sf. Most of the time it has rougher edges than I want in my entertainment. But every once in a while it works out ok.

      Delete
    2. Did it really? See Blogger is whacked right now. :) I still have stuff going to spam too. Maybe that's what I need to do- by replying maybe it'll alert *whatever* that they're not spam...

      Yeah I haven't read a lot of mil SF. I guess I gravitate more towards the space opera stuff, although I suppose there's overlap there. But same... I don't always want a hard edge or "war" stuff in my entertainment.

      Delete
    3. Well, so much for that idea working. You still went into spam. Oh well. Guess I"ll have to keep an eye out on the folder then.

      I definitely like space opera more too. Which is what the actual Galaxy's Edge books are. These spinoffs by other authors don't follow in the same vein...

      Delete
    4. I still have stuff going spam too. I thought it was getting better, but... nope.

      Delete