Wednesday, May 08, 2024

Lady Killer (87th Precinct) 3.5Stars

 

This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress & Blogspot by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission

Title: Lady Killer
Series: 87th Precinct
Author: Ed McBain
Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Crime Fiction
Pages: 99
Words: 43K




With a threatening anonymous note saying the writer will “Kill the Lady”, the detectives of the 87th Precinct have a mere 9hrs to figure out who the lady is and how to prevent her death. Is the lady a high class whore, is she an actress, is she a dog? Of course, it’s nothing so obvious as that.

I had no idea what was going on the entire time and I loved it. I was as confused as the police and man, it was a great thrill ride. And with it being such a short book, I felt like I jumped into the police cruiser, jammed the sirens on as loud as they could go and went tearing down the highway at 120 miles per hour, slammed the brakes on, performed a vehicular military exfil and shot the perp dead with my SWAT issued automatic assault shotgun. It’s no nuclear bazooka, and Hawes is no Mitch Rapp, but I take what I can get. Nuclear bazookas come and go, but an assault shotgun is forever. Kind of like love in fact.

Awwww, look at that wittle cutie! Just makes you want to cuddle it, doesn’t it?

★★★✬☆


From the Publisher

Detective Cotton Hawes of the 87th Precinct scrutinizes a tip-off letter that says "I will kill the lady tonight at 8"--giving him nine hours to find the victim and the killer in a city of eight million people.



No comments:

Post a Comment