Thursday, August 27, 2020

Big O, Vol. 6 ★★☆☆☆


This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress, Blogspot & Librarything by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission
Title: Big O, Vol. 6
Series: Big O #6
Author: Hitoshi Ariga
Rating: 2 of 5 Stars
Genre: Manga
Pages: 208
Words: 7K



Synopsis:

These 4 chapters deal with Dorothy's memory disk being stolen by Angel. It is revealed that Angel is part of a group that lives outside of Paradigm City. Roger attempts to get back Dorothy's memories and fails.

The book ends with Roger and Dorothy both accepting that lost memories aren't as important as the possible future.



My Thoughts:

This was a really sad letdown to the end of this manga. By sad, I do not mean emotionally sad, as in “My grandmother died, I'm sad”, but as in “Dude, your pink, heartshaped skateboard is just sad”.

I have to admit I raced through this as fast as possible just to get to the end. Overall, I found this manga to be poorly done. There were little to no actual story arcs, but proto-stories without any kind of resolution.

As much as I enjoyed the anime, the manga version of Big O has been nothing but a big disappointment from start to finish for a variety of reasons. I won't be sad to get rid of these. Just not sure if I should simply trash these or not. After the Book (un)Haul post next month I'll make a decision about whether to throw these away or if there are any other options.

Don't read this manga. That is my Official Verdict and Judgement.


★★☆☆☆




No comments:

Post a Comment