Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Awakenings (Guardians of Aandor #1) ★☆☆☆☆ DNF@49%


This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress, Blogspot & Librarything by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission
Title: Awakenings
Series: Guardians of Aandor #1
Author: Edward Lazellari
Rating: 1 of 5 Stars
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 246/DNF@49%
Words: 89K/44k




Synopsis:

DNF's don't usually get a synopsis from me unless the DNF is ALL about me. This doesn't fall into that small category.



My Thoughts:

This was pretty grim and bleak so I was wondering if I could handle 3 books of it, but the story was humming right along. I figured I could handle grim and bleak with a fast paced story.

Then along came a very low blow political statement and so I was done. Done with this book, done with this series and done with this writer. It isn't worth my time or emotional energy to get upset about it but I won't spend a second more on it than this.

Not quite the way I was hoping to start the month, but I guess you can't win them all!

★☆☆☆☆




No comments:

Post a Comment