Friday, June 04, 2021

Blood &; Fire (V-Wars #2) ★☆☆☆☆

 


This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress, Blogspot, & Librarything by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission

Title: Blood & Fire
Series: V-Wars #2
Editor: Jonathan Maberry
Rating: 1 of 5 Stars
Genre: SF
Pages: 292
Words: 106.5K






Synopsis:


A collection of short stories that continue the look at vampires as they manifest throughout the world and how they and the humans of the world react.




My Thoughts:


A big fat sigh. Some more graphic sex, some more “vampires are just people” and some more of everything I complained about from the first book.


In many ways, it felt like the various authors were writing their own take on vampires without consulting the editor or having any master plan. One author presents them as soulless horrors who have lost all their humanity while another presents them as more human than the humans around them. It was a very mixed message.


Jonathan Maberry, the editor, has his own series called Joe Ledger, that'll I'll be checking out. I ran across a short story or two featuring Ledger that I enjoyed, so I'm hoping I'll have better luck with that.


★☆☆☆☆



No comments:

Post a Comment