Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Screwtape Proposes a Toast and Other Pieces ★★★✬☆

 


This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress, Blogspot & Librarything by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission

Title: Screwtape Proposes a Toast and Other Pieces
Series: ----------
Author: C.S. Lewis
Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Allegory
Pages: 128
Words: 35K







Synopsis:


A collection of short stories consisting of:


MINISTERING ANGELS


SCREWTAPE PROPOSES A TOAST


THE SHODDY LANDS


THE MAN BORN BLIND




My Thoughts:


Man, Lewis could write some really WEIRD stuff. As peculiar as it may sound, a demon proposing a toast and going off about the general blandness of evil in the world was the most normal of these stories. The Man Born Blind almost reminded me of a Roald Dahl story with it's twisted ending.


I am glad I read these and I think the points Lewis was trying to get across WERE conveyed but man, I just didn't expect that level of weirdness from him.


★★★✬☆





No comments:

Post a Comment