Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Fullmetal Alchemist #5 ★★★☆☆

 

This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress & Blogspot by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission

Title: Fullmetal Alchemist #5
Series: Fullmetal Alchemist
Author: Hiromu Arakawa
Rating: 3 of 5 Stars
Genre: Manga
Pages: 190
Words: 9K



From FMA.fandom.com

Ed, Alphonse, and their mechanic Winry go south in search of Izumi Curtis, the master alchemist who taught the brothers how to use alchemy. But in the boomtown of Rush Valley, an encounter with a pickpocket turned them down a different path in search of an auto-mail blacksmith whose handiwork is the best that Winry has ever seen. Then the action flashes back to the past to show how Ed and Alphonse first learned alchemy..."

Chapters

Chapter 17: The Boomtown of the Broken Down

Chapter 18: The Value of Sincerity

Chapter 19: I'll Do It for You Guys!

Chapter 20: The Terror of the Teacher

Chapter 21: The Brothers' Secret


INSERT SEPARATOR


I have a feeling this series is going to run at the 3star rating more times than not. At least until I get into new territory where I don’t vaguely recall stuff from the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime.

There was nothing at all bad about this volume. But there was nothing that made me laugh. Or cry. Or get excited. Or mad. Or depressed. It just kind of rolled along. I know I’ll read the whole series, because I’ve never actually known the ending (the original anime was produced before the manga was ended, so they made up their own ending) and I want to know it. But I can’t say I’m super excited when this rolls around to read.

Eh, whatever. I’ll plug along.

★★★☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment