Monday, December 13, 2021

The Way of the Lawless ★★✬☆☆

 

This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress, Blogspot & Librarything by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission
Title: The Way of the Lawless
Series: ----------
Author: Max Brand
Rating: 2.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Western
Pages: 260
Words: 70K





Synopsis:


Andrew Lanning has been raised by his Uncle Jasper to know how to shoot just like the gunmen of the days when the West was a little younger and wilder. Unfortunately, Andrew is a bit too gentle and soft. But when he’s confronted, he takes an adversary down with one punch. Thinking he’s killed the man, he runs. But when he’s being hunted by a posse, and realizes they aren’t playing fair, he kills the leader, and thus begins his life as a desperado.


After running from the law, bounty hunters, hooking up with a gang of criminals and then surviving their backstabbing ways, Andrew gets help to go East and be with his lady love. Easy Peasy.




My Thoughts:


A young man is forced into being a desperado because of the corruption of the law and the ineptness of anyone able to do something about it and because of greed, pride and arrogance on the part of others.


That sums it up. So not much else to say. He rides around having small adventures and facing off against others who are as pigheaded as himself. It might use words that say other than pigheaded, but that's the reality.


Gotta admit, Brand is starting to feel like a tiny pebble in my reading shoe. Every time I read a story by him something niggles at me and I shift my foot around trying to tell myself it'll get better. I think I'm going to give Brand one more book and then I'll be done.


★★☆☆



No comments:

Post a Comment