Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Get Me to the Wake On Time 3Stars

 

This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress & Blogspot by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission

Title: Get Me to the Wake On Time
Series: ----------
Editor: Alfred Hitchcock
Rating: 3 of 5 Stars
Genre: Crime Fiction
Pages: 175
Words: 70K





I had another Hitchcock collection on tap before this one. It was titled “Scream Along with Me”. Unfortunately, it was a very bad scan that was nothing but images of the text instead of the text itself. That means I couldn’t change the text size or have it reflow on my kindle or change the font. That kind of thing is why I read ebooks in the first place. If I want a fixed font size, I’ll go read a paper book, thank you very much.

So with that scintillating reading fact under your belt, on to the review itself.

I enjoyed this. The end.

Seriously, that’s all you get, folks. I’m tired and the words aren’t flowing.

Well, the cover is cool. Might have to use it for my cover love at the end of the month. I’ve had several cool covers this month though, so I’m going to be in the unenviable position of having to choose one over the others. If you know anything about books, you know what special snowflakes they are and how easily their feelings get hurt. I’m not looking forward to telling the losers that they ARE losers and just aren’t good enough. Books these days, just a bunch of pansies!



★★★☆☆


Table of Contents:


Introduction by ALFRED HITCHCOCK

Goodbye, Now by GIL BREWER

Woman Missing by HELEN NIELSEN

Murder Me Gently by C. B. GILFORD

Be My Valentine by HENRY SLESAR

The Marquesa by RAY RUSSELL

Highly Recommended by MICHAEL BRETT

Old Man Emmons by TALMAGE POWELL

The Drum Major by ARTHUR PORGES

Upside-Down World by JACK RITCHIE

Nice Work If You Can Get It by DONALD HONIG

Bach In A Few Minutes by FLETCHER FLORA

Polka-Dot Blonde by RICHARD HARDWICK

Experience Is Helpful by ROG PHILLIPS

Lucrezia by H. A. DEROSSO


No comments:

Post a Comment