Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Wyper the Berserker (One Piece #28) ★★☆☆☆

 

This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress & Blogspot by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission

Title: Wyper the Berserker
Series: One Piece #28
Arc: Skypiea #5
Author: Eiichiro Oda
Rating: 2 of 5 Stars
Genre: Manga
Pages: 185
Words: 8K





Synopsis:


From Wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_One_Piece_chapters_(187_388)



"Wyper the Berserker"

"Dial Battle"

"The Many Souths"

"Pirate Zoro vs. Warrior Braham"

"Pirate Luffy vs. Berserker Wyper"

"Warrior Genbo vs. Heavenly Warriors Commander Yama"

"Pirate Chopper vs. Vassal Gedatsu"

"Pirate Nami and the Weird Knight vs. Heavenly Warriors Subcommanders Hotori and Kotori"

"Warrior Kamakiri vs. Kami Eneru"


With the war's start, Eneru decides to make a bet: of the eighty-one combatants currently on Skypiea (the Straw Hats, the Shandians, and his own forces), only five will remain in three hours' time. The Shandians engage Eneru's forces, the remaining priests fight the Shandians, and the Straw Hats fight whoever is left. After two hours, the number of active combatants dwindles to twenty-five. Luffy mistakes a giant snake's mouth for a cave.



My Thoughts:


This is just about 180 pages of people fighting each other while screaming how impossible everything the other person is doing. Over and Over and Over again. I am at the point in my life where displays like this don't do a thing for me. And splitting everyone up so I get to see 3-5 different fights REALLY doesn't do it for me.


This was the last volume I read back when I was reading One Piece as it was released in english. I can totally understand why I stopped here. Big, flashy and confusing fights simply do not hold my attention. Not anymore. It's not like I'm going to stop this time but I must admit, Oda-sensei better get off his keister and start telling a story again.


★★☆☆☆



2 comments:

  1. Yeah I get sick of mindless fights these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need at least a skeleton of a story to tide me over and with every single character having their own individual fight, I'm getting nothing here!

      Delete