Saturday, November 19, 2022

Vang: The Military Form (Vang #1) ★★★✬☆

 

This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress & Blogspot by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission

Title: Vang: The Military Form
Series: Vang #1
Author: Christopher Rowley
Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: SF
Pages: 229
Words: 99.5K




A good re-read. I am pretty happy with how this went, even though I took it down half a star from when I read it in 2010.


It starts out slow and I initially thought “Oh good, this is some good setup”. But then the setup kept going and going and it wasn't until almost the 50% mark that the Vang even shows up. It is just ONE Military Form and it still manages to take over a planet in about 24-48hrs. It comes thiiiiiiis close to getting loose into the galaxy at large too * hold finger and thumb a hairs width apart *


While I was happy it was defeated, it wasn't very satisfactory. It has genetic directives and they take over and so it has to make a politician Vang and that of course that just ruins everything. The world is cleansed with nuclear fire by the Human Space Armada and the Military Form pretty much just has to sit there and take it. Sucks to be him!


This used to be a favorite of mine but now I think this is the final fling I will be having with it. Farewell Vang, you're just not what I'm looking for in a book anymore. But don't worry, it's all you, so that way you don't have to feel guilty that I changed on you. You were just not quite good enough but I wasn't mature enough to realize it.


Sucks to be the Vang, hahahahaha!


★★★✬☆




No comments:

Post a Comment