Tuesday, September 05, 2023

Legend of a Hero (One Piece #43) 2Stars

 

This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress & Blogspot by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission

Title: Legend of a Hero
Series: One Piece #43
Arc: Water Seven #12
Author: Eiichiro Oda
Rating: 2 of 5 Stars
Genre: Manga
Pages: 215
Words: 10K




Fight, fight, fight, fight and fight.

Waaaaaaaaaaaait for it…..

and fight some more.

Yeah, I’m done. I didn’t enjoy this volume. I think I’m burned out on One Piece for quite a while. Back in the ‘00’s I started OP and made it up until vol 29 and had to quit in August of ‘10. I didn’t try again until July of ‘21.

It started well and I loved the zaniness and silliness. But it has turned into a truly massive shonen manga and I’m tired of the fighting. I don’t like how Oda-san draws the fights because I can’t figure out what is going on.

Therefore I am going to stop. I have no plans of ever picking this up again, but if I do, I’ll start here and not try to re-read all the early stuff. But right now, I suspect I’ll be done with this. If I don’t enjoy it, why read it? And I am definitely not enjoying it.

Sighhhhhhhhh. This really feels like my time with manga overall is wrapping up too. I hate changes, even if it is just a part of life.

★★☆☆☆




From Wikipedia:

"Super-Size Nami"

"Nami vs. Kalifa"

"You Missed Your Chance"

"Hunter"

"Sanji vs. Jabra"

"Heat Up"

"Zoro vs. Kaku"

"Asura"

"Luffy vs. Rob Lucci"

"Legend of a Hero"

With the destruction of Enies Lobby imminent, all government personnel begin to evacuate. The Straw Hats continue fighting and, with the exception of Luffy versus Lucci, defeat the remaining members of CP9. Their battles won, they team up and hurry to stop Robin from being taken past the point of no return. They succeed and Robin is freed.



No comments:

Post a Comment