Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Fullmetal Alchemist #27 - 2.5Stars

 

This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress & Blogspot by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission

Title: Fullmetal Alchemist #27
Series: Fullmetal Alchemist
Author: Hiromu Arakawa
Rating: 2.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Manga
Pages: 212
Words: 10K




I skipped to the final volume to see how things ended and to see if it was really worth my time wading through an extra 16 volumes. My verdict is a resounding no.

While there was a lot of unexplained stuff, I was still able to grasp the broader details. There was a super-homonculi who was trying to become a god and Edward pretty much punches him to death. Yeah, the power of brotherly love, blah, blah, blah. Then everyone gets a relatively happy ending and Al gets his body back because Ed exchanges his ability to perform alchemy for it.

I didn’t care. I didn’t care how everything had gotten to the point where it was. I know the ending now. If I want to see all the inbetween parts, I might try the anime. But given how I am reacting to returning to manga (ie, realizing I am pretty much done with it, period), I don’t know if I want to try anime again either.

I read this the same day that I read the Groo comic. I thoroughly enjoyed Groo and did not enjoy this. Just like I didn’t enjoy the One Piece volume I read earlier this month. I just have to face the fact that my time with manga is done. I hate coming to realizations like that. It means I’ve changed and while change is a good thing, I still don’t like it.

★★✬☆☆




From FMA.fandom.com

From the back of the volume:

"The Final Chapter! With the help of Hohenheim and their allies, the Elric brothers launch a desperate final attack against the homunculus “father.” But to claim victory, some may have to make the ultimate sacrifice. And when the dust clears, will a happy ending await our favorite characters in the final volume of Fullmetal Alchemist?"

Chapters Included

Chapter 107: The Last Battle

Chapter 108: Journey's End

Bonus Chapter: Another Journey's End



No comments:

Post a Comment