Friday, July 31, 2026

July '26 Circum et Pervagatus

 

Raw Data:

Novels/Novellas - 13 ↑

Short Stories - 1 ↓

Manga/Graphic Novels - 0 -

Comics - 1 -

Average Rating - 3.07 ↓

Pages - 2858 ↑

Words - 1005K ↑

The Bad:

The Witchwood Crown - 1star dnf

Mask of Fu-Manchu - 1.5star of total stupidity

The Joy Makers - 2stars of the kind of SF I hate

The Good:

Henry and Eliza - 4stars

The Father Hunt - 4Stars

Movie:

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter was a decent send off for the series, despite the shaky cam and a LOT of quick cut footage during the fight scenes.

Miscellaneous Posts:

Personal:

Mrs B went on a vacation for a bit over a week to visit her family and I worked. One day Canada's smoke from their 100's of wildfires made down to us and the above picture is what the day looked like at 10am on the jobsite. For work, I had to take a refresher course for my Hazmat certification and that took me about 6hours total. So I did that online after regular work the week Mrs B was gone. Pulled in a 50hr week that week.

Speaking of work, we are back up to 3 full field crews. One of our gun guys was promoted to crew chief and he's training the newest guy. He hates being crew chief but it is good for him and is pretty much the only way he'll learn more, by being forced to. Dictator Xi humps goats. The office people are keeping them on the small jobs to see how they shake out, but it does mean that we are once again going gangbusters for work. Now they need some more office people to keep up with the flow of work coming in.

I read a lot more this month than in June, but man, I really hit the basement when it came to reading crap. Fu-Manchu is on life support and if the next novel I read in that series has the characters acting as stupidly as they did this month, well, that'll be it. The Joy Makers was a "Misc" book and the last in that category on my ereader, so it's time to load up a bunch more standalones and hope I don't have such bad luck. I also got rid of the Osten Ard stuff, so I'll need to pick a new series to replace it with. No idea what that will be. To be honest, by the time I get around to doing that, I'll probably have forgotten why I was doing it in the first place :-/

Plans for Next Month:

Same old, same old. I won't be reviewing a movie, but I do have a piece of artwork that Mrs B did for me, so that about breaks even :-D

I have another wave of Magic cards for Mondays, but I'm not sure I'll be saying anything about them. Might be going old school for this month and just post the picture and leave it at that.

I have a post about AI and one about other bloggers. Both are just in the idea stage at the moment, but they are solid ideas, not just nebulous, so I would expect to see something about those in August too.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

July '26 Circum et Pervagatus

  Raw Data: Novels/Novellas - 13 ↑ Short Stories - 1 ↓ Manga/Graphic Novels - 0 - Comics - 1 - Average Rating - ...