This was a peculiar week. But not even regularly peculiar, but in fits and jerks.
Sunday was pretty typical. Church, chores and blogging. I drank a couple of Starbucks Mocha Frappucinos and all that sugar allowed me to stay awake all the way until 10:30pm.

Monday was Labor Day, so I had the day off. Mrs B works retail so she didn't have the day off. It was bright and sunny and I spent the entire day inside, on the couch, watching Gilmore Girls and blogging massive amounts (10+ posts). I'd say it was good relaxation for my body, but with another two bottles of Mocha Frappucinos, well, that's a lot of "healthy" sugar and caffeine.
Work. Well, work. My co-worker's wife is expecting their first kid and he's thinking about nothing but that. He's taking his car to job sites, which means I have to drive the work van. Oh, I hate that pig of a van. And when I wasn't working with my usual co-worker, I was working with Slow Boy 2.0. He drives the van, but my goodness, jobs take twice as long when he's involved. Scuttlebutt is that he's not long with the company. Given his slow track record, I'm not surprised. It just made the week a bit miserable, having to work with him :-/

And then today. It is the 25th Anniversary of 9/11. My co-worker was 4 years old when it happened and now he and his wife are having a kid. I think this might be the last year I do a remembrance post. I remember as a kid seeing "Pearl Harbor Day" on the calendar and wondering why that was on the calendar. What did Pearl Harbor have to do with the world I was living in then? And while I hate to say it, that unborn kid is going to grow up and 9/11 is going to be as historical to him as Pearl Harbor was to me. While I will continue to remember 9/11, I'm choosing to let it fully slide into history. I've arrived at this point over the years and that is reflected in the various remembrance posts where I've thought and remembered and pondered. It doesn't hurt anymore to remember that day. It is time to let the past be the past. I'm ready to accept that now.

On a much more positive note, this month Mrs B and I celebrate 18 years of marriage. We're celebrating tonight so I won't be home when this goes live. I'll be responding to comments tomorrow. We're doing our usual Cheesecake Factory run and there is a very good chance that when this post goes live that I'll be in the middle of eating some cheeseburger spring rolls while I wait for my shepherds pie with extra mashed potatoes to be cooked.

I shower you all with blessings of beneficence and cheer. See you tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment