Monday, August 31, 2026

August ’26 Circum et Pervagatus

 

Raw Data:

Novels/Novellas - 11 ↓

Short Stories - 1 -

Manga/Graphic Novels - 0 -

Comics - 1 -

Average Rating - 3.27 ↑

Pages - 3591 ↑

Words - 1216K ↑

The Bad:

The Night Land - 1.5stars of boring boring'ness

The Good:

In Joy Still Felt - 4stars of Asimovian'ness

Miscellaneous Posts:

Personal:

The month started off on a rough note for work. We were working at a site an hour and half away, so a lot of driving was involved to and from. That really cuts down on your production time. Then my coworker cut his leg pretty bad with his machete on that job, so that put the kabosh on working late and trying to make up time. Plus, now "I" had to do all the driving and I hate that. One of the few perks of being the crew chief is controlling the radio (it stays OFF) and making the other guy chauffer me around. Those work van seats are not comfortable and they aren't meant to be. Plus we had had a rain day at the beginning of the week, so we didn't even make it to 40hours. So it was a very long "short" week. Not really how I wanted to kick August off.

Then I had a pinched nerve in my back/neck. At first I thought I had pulled a muscle but after a week of it not getting any better, and my tricep spasming, I went to the doctor and he confirmed it was a pinched nerve. Gave me some muscle relaxant (smallest dose for the shortest time, 5 days) and said physical therapy would be the next step. So I looked up exercises on youtube for pinched nerves and started doing it on my own. That affected the rest of the month for work though. I'm better now, but everything was twice as hard and the jobs really seemed to be factually worse, so by the time the month ended, I was toast.

Bookwise, things were pretty stable. While the number of volumes I read was down, that's because I read some bigger books and that helped push up the page and word numbers. Also, my average rating got a modest bump up, which is always nice.

On the blogfront, the bot views seemed to have have stopped about midmonth. My numbers returned to normal and for that I was extremely thankful. Of course, my China views aren't decreasing and that whole Dictator Xi Jinping Humps a Goat post is only increasing in views (I guess they have a morbid fascination with that horrible picture). Well, I feel like I am doing my part to bring democracy to the poor benighted countries of the world. Take that Dictator Xi! Freedom Fighter Bookstooge will kick your butt. Sadly, during the last week of the month I had an absolute onslaught of china bot views and so my "return to normalcy" was cancelled. I wish things would settle down permanently.

Plans for Next Month:

I'm really hoping to get back into the Movie groove. I'm undecided if I want to do a standalone movie or start another series like I did for Resident Evil. I'm just spoiled rotten for choices! I could do the Die Hard series or the Final Destination series or even Terminator and as for standalones, I'd have to go looking to see what I own.

Keeping Wednesdays and Saturdays free from posting really is working for me. There are times I "want" to post something on Wednesday, but then I hit a big old fat tome and my desire to write dries up. So leaving them free helps a lot more than hinders.

Looking at the schedule, there will be a few more than normal visual posts. Mrs B has done several art pieces, so those along with my seasonal "Maiden of the Season" post and the Magic Cards will keep your eyes entertained. And Groo. You will be entertained by Groo. Or else.

Other than that, I'll just keep on doing what I've been doing. They don't call me Young Reliable for nothing you know ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

August ’26 Circum et Pervagatus

  Raw Data: Novels/Novellas - 11 ↓ Short Stories - 1 - Manga/Graphic Novels - 0 - Comics - 1 - Average Ratin...